Transition Rule [Expired; see history]
For a period of twelve (12) months from the adjournment of the 2nd Annual Meeting of the Interstate Commission for Juveniles, the following transition rules will remain in effect with respect to those jurisdictions which have not yet enacted the new legislation and a bill number relative to enacting the Compact will received an extension from December 3, 2010 to June 30, 2011.
1. Transactions between signatory states to the new Compact will be governed by the rules adopted by the Interstate Commission for Juveniles;
2. Transactions between non-signatory states to the new Compact will be governed by the rules of the Association of Juvenile Compact Administrators which were in effect as a December 2008;
3. Transactions between signatory and non-signatory states will be governed by the rules of the home/demanding state;
4. All duties and obligations regarding investigations, transfers, supervision, travel, and return of non-delinquent runaways, absconders, escapees and juveniles charged with delinquency shall continue until the juvenile is returned or discharged by the sending/home/demanding state;
5. Conflicts or disputes between signatory and non-signatory states may be meditated by a neutral representative selected by the Interstate Commission for Juveniles and a representative selected by the Association of Juvenile Compact Administrators from its non-signatory states.
History: Adopted December 2, 2009, effective March 1, 2010; amended September 15, 2010, effective September 15, 2010; Expired on June 30, 2011