The page is dedicated to providing compact offices, probation/parole officers, court workers, judges, and the general public additional compact-related resources for addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
Juvenile Interstate Data System (JIDS)
The JIDS Helpdesk has a new section titled "JIDS and COVID-19" to address issues and concerns, such as:
- Communication and Time Frame Extensions
- Solutions for Home Evaluations and Quarterly Progress Report
- Amtrak's Service Adjustments
- Centers for Disease Control - Travel in the U.S.
- Federal Aviation Administration's Flight Delay Information Map - indicates closed airports
Advisory Opinions Related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- 01-2011: HIPAA exemptions for the ICJ
- 01-2012: Whether the law enforcement exemptions from the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") would apply to transfers and returns of juveniles involving non-member states.
- 01-2014: HIPAA as it relates to youth and family information