The recipient of this award exhibits outstanding leadership skills and dedication to the Interstate Commission for Juveniles through extraordinary service. This individual is a Commissioner, Designee, Compact Administrator, Deputy Compact Administrator, or compact coordinator who:
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the Interstate Commission for Juveniles;
- Demonstrates expertise in the successful movement of juveniles;
- Actively supports the Interstate Commission for Juveniles by attending meetings, holding offices, or faithfully carrying out designed duties;
- Has over two years of devoted service to the administration of the Interstate Commission for Juveniles;
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with other Compact professionals;
- Uses strategies for ensuring public safety; and
- Suggests innovative policies or procedures to improve Interstate Compact operations.
Congratulations to Cathlyn Smith, TN, recipient of the 2017 Leadership Award.
Previous Award Recipients
2015: Anne Connor, Commissioner, Nevada
2016: Mia Pressley, Commissioner, South Carolina
2017: Cathlyn Smith, Commissioner, Tennessee