Victims have the right to:
- attend criminal justice proceedings;
- apply for compensation;
- be heard and participate in criminal justice proceedings;
- be informed of proceedings and events in the criminal justice process, of legal rights and remedies, and of available services;
- protection from intimidation and harassment;
- restitution from the juvenile;
- prompt return of personal property seized as evidence;
- a speedy trial; and
- enforcement of these rights.
Research your rights as a victim on VictimLaw.org.